Saturday, March 31, 2012

Good times, Bad times, Halfway Times

Sometimes you have to let go of expectations in some situations.  Let things come as they may, and concentrate on being prepared for any and everything.  It can make you skittish and apprehensive, curious and paranoid.  It's a feat to be graceful under the pressure of imposed patience.  But if anything, I've learned that, at times when we think the timing was off, compatibility was askew, the reality is, attitudes determine our capacity for tolerance.  If we want to believe, then we will.  If we don't, any skeptical assertion will undermine our efforts.  So for me right now, in this interesting arc of my existence, I'm content to be a witness and a participant, going with the flow, but not letting it take me under.  For once being slightly detached serves my best interest, at least for now.  The songs linked above is from a time when I needed a breath of fresh air, a way to adjust my attitude and not get down about the happenings of my life, and it made me feel at ease, blessed to see that "It's still gonna be a great day in the morning."  And it is, no matter how things play out in the curious nights of spring renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment