Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fellowship

noun
1.
the condition or relation of being a fellow: the fellowship of humankind.
2.
friendly relationship; companionship: the fellowship of father and son.
3.
community of interest, feeling, etc.
4.
communion, as between members of the same church.
5.
 
This is what we should come to one another in the spirit of, it's the essence of the Greatest Command, the Golden Mean but so many fall short.  I fall short, but I keep trying, and stop when I'm implored to do so.
 
It is also that incredible song penned by Meshell Ndegeocello and reinterpreted by Lizz Wright on her album of the same name.  Fellowship is a challenge that we are asked to live up to.  I refuse to reject it, but I also choose to recognize when it's not being accepted and operate accordingly.  We gotta keep on movin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment