Sunday, March 25, 2012

Twitter Rant about Trayvon Martin & The Perception of Young Black Men

No song, just reality.

Every time I see a picture of Trayvon Martin, he looks so familiar, like I saw him before, like he favors someone I know.

When conceal/carry came up in 92-93' I opposed it cause I felt someone like me would get killed because someone else felt threatened.

I was a 17 year old black kid. I was way more vocal then. They wanted to interview me for the post dispatch, & I declined, had 0 media trust

so for some reason the rest of my tweets didn't come to FB, I wonder why? Here they are, Fire, Brimstone, & heart:

So this whole thing really hits close to home, & then I have my issues w/ the promotion of 1 stereotype of young blacks that's stuck & sells

We got sold Thug-Life and took some pride in it, that Alpha-male role, & no doubt, that image intimidates/scares folks. They sold us a trap.

Who are they? They is every person who's profited of the idea that an opportunistic, callous Black person is the most common variety.

We got sold "That N*gga You Love to Hate", to want to be The Outlaw Immortal, the N.W.A. The C.R.E.A.M. Mentality, Denzel's Oscar was 4 being Scary

GTA San Andreas makes Millions, it's just entertainment right, but along the way, what does the world know about being a Young Black man?

So when you notice so many songs, so many movies, so much TV, most people's first line of contact, featuring Blacks casts us as threatening..

this idiotic Murderer who Instigated the confrontation by stalking this Kid, in his head, was living out Grand Torino or American History X

And don't get me started on these inflammatory Talk Show personalities full of vitriol and Hot Air that profit from alienating & polarizing

There are Snakes serving up Apples/Pomegranates everyday, and we all take a bite each time we accept a piss-poor depiction of our humanity

When you embrace a half truth out of indignity or rebellion in the face of offense or abuse you're losing twice over, catharsis for a loss.

That said, I really hope everyone rocks a hoodie in honor of Trayvon in solidarity at some point, or thinks of him incidentally when they do

And I will also remember that the Klan rocks hoods too, & the Klan "rocked" the "hood" w/ this, cause it's Birth of a Nation playing out IRL

No comments:

Post a Comment