Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's Okay

Pretty sure I heard this song at the Blue Note in Columbia Missouri 3 & 1/4 years ago, when everything was okay.  I also remember this guy who bumped into my then girlfriend when walking past us.  He hit her pretty hard, seemingly on purpose, but since I didn't live in town, didn't know the majority of her friends and acquaintances and she didn't say anything, I just let it go cause I never saw the guy again that night.  It was an odd moment in a night about pleasant surprises (Land of Talk opening for for Broken Social Scene, who were they, why are they so good???), obsessions (I surfed blogs for hours finding as many songs as possible by Land of Talk and Apostle of Hustle because National Anthem of Nowhere spoke to my heart), and Catharsis (My ex really got a kick out of the Primal Scream at the end of the show, and later got into Jung, though I would think the two were unrelated).

We talked Sunday for a good long while, as far as I can tell, we were ourselves to one another, but better than we had been.  Relatively friendly, not really too awkward, I think.  It was OK, and that's all it needs to be.  This song on the other hand, is AWESOME.  I obsessed about it that night.  Actually, I got on her nerves because I was so possessed by those songs, that music, how it made me feel.  Melancholy is my business, and I'm on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment