Saturday, October 20, 2012

Speak of the Devil... Is this the second time I used this one?

Leave it to the Russian Spambots to push my page to 666 views...

The Devil has been on my mind though, cause:

If the Devil is a Lie* (as the saying goes with my folks)

Does that mean the Devil is literally a lie?

As in:  The Devil is a fabrication, a falsehood, doesn't actually exist.

Or: The Devil is the embodiment of falsehood.

If the prior is true, is the embodiment of Evil the act or perpetuation of the belief in that particular lie by validating it with inexplicably vile actions?

If the latter is true, is a Liar manifesting the Devil?  My folks would say "You (is) a Lie*!"  So are you then the Devil?


*Lie is usually taken to mean Liar. "a lie" is "a liar" as I always understood it.

No comments:

Post a Comment