Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Drugs Not Working

I chose to forgo pain meds for the ache in my jaws and teeth due to the drilling for my filling being close to the soft tissues in my tooth and the nerve.  I've endured.  Little did I know that my brain seems to only be able to process one pain at a time, so when I woke up with a throbbing pain in what I can only assume was my Brain Stem, suddenly my Molar Nerves were the least of my concerns.  I got up, recognized I was feeling feverish, dreading that my nerve got infected, and this was my bodies effort to cope with it.  Luckily, or unluckily, my stomach started turning, and i realize that sinus drainage was the source of that woe, and congestion the prior.

A few obligations of the professional sort later, I was able to get some pills, a 12 hour decongestant and expectorant, and Ibuprofen.  Well, my 4 to 6 hours is coming up on the Ibuprofen and my head is starting to hurt just a little, I'm in a bit of haze.  My ginger ale therapy is keeping the nausea in check, along with the Old Tyme pretzels, but I'm starting to feel a little iffy, and this song just crept into my head.  Doesn't hurt that it's Red Ribbon week in my school, which is a week  where we celebrate being drug free.  Outside of the occasion alcoholic beverage and medication when necessary, I have been drug free my entire life.  Growing up with an alcoholic in my extended family who was around all the time, and dope fiends when I was a kid and teen was enough to sour any appeal drugs may have had. Plus it probably saved me a ton of money over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment