Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm So Sick (that one should be obvious)

I'm going to keep it brief because typing breaks the concentration I have to put towards breathing and managing my sinus content.  But since this isn't a music blog, I guess taking time to talk about how Music augments my body chemistry and allows me to be productive and energized at times when my body is literally breaking down and betraying itself is okay? Well it's my blog, so i guess i can do as i please. 

Being infiltrated with infection and bacteria, and my body responding by drowning itself in ooze in my respiratory tract does something to my mind and spirit.  Flyleaf will always have a place in my heart for this anthem that actually takes the guttural metal screams that I have no love for whatsoever, and makes it tolerable just that once, even though the version I first heard muted it out, or was it the other way around, where I heard it with the scream, but then a version without it went up in it's place later?  Oh well, it's one of those songs that helped to uproot me from a rut.  Anthems come in all flavors.  This one was Sour Apple.  Right about now, my nodes feel swollen like I had a piece of that Laffy Taffy perpetually on my tongue, but nope, just other green crap now and then when I cough hard enough. So grody.

No comments:

Post a Comment