Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ginger's Blues

This tune comes from the Ginger Baker Trio's Going Back Home, and it's best described as the kind of Jazz that defines my style of instrumental music, you know, that and Explosions In the Sky.  Anyway, I picked an instrumental because I love the tone and mood of the song, and I've also been at a loss for time and words. When you sleep at the most inopportune times, wake at times when you are least likely to be inspired or focused to write, the blogging grinds to a halt.

It's not a bad thing though.  Inspiration is beautiful, when frustration isn't the source.  There are positive catalysts for being creative, but my introspection is the fruit of complication.  I am not going to ever get tired of emphasizing the value of simplification in my life.  I'll be content with the complexity being reserved to Movie Plots, and the occasional song structure, so long as it's good in both cases.  If the letter of the day is that all affairs of the heart are to be complicated or compromised, I'll pass on the opportunity to indulge in the lackluster and underwhelming.  There are better, healthier ways to waste time than letting someone else down, and their reciprocating.

Sometimes love is a struggle, but if you can't lift each other up, share the load, you're going to drag each other down.  I was introducing the concept of a Lover to someone who wasn't used to hearing it.  It's gender neutral, and gets past the age specific sound of Boyfriend, Girlfriend, the PC baggage of Partner, and all that jazz.  Lover also intimates the volatility most short-sighted, impulse driven relationships endure.  Love can be so fleeting and inspire some hare-brained decisions on our parts.  And yet, it's still Love, which is as inconsistently experienced as my capitalization of the word in my blogs.  I have as much trouble committing in good faith as anyone else, so I feel I can understand why most people have more Lovers than Love.  I can't be that person, it's just not in me.  Revisit Ginger's Blues, you're listening to the peace that resonates within me.  The dissonance of some fractured tune just doesn't belong, and I am Faithful to that now.

Find your inner song, the one that slows time and cools your jets, and try and build a life around it.  In the midst of that peace, it's much easier to discern Love from a Lover, as Love harmonizes, compliments the tune, and Lovers just want to change it.  If you've truly found your inner song and aren't being Pied Piper-ed by mediated mediocrity, neither Lustful nor Listless Lover will have sway over you.  Nor should they if you Love and respect yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment