Friday, April 11, 2014

Clarity

The only way to see things clearly, is to be open to seeing things in the first place.  Clarity requires a unique combination of focus and a wide field of vision.  Are you really seeing things clearly if you have blind spots, or too narrow a perspective?

I've decided to open up my eyes a little more these days, perk up my ears, let down my guard.  I've decided to look on the bright side when you would think times were dark, and have found that nothing could be further from the truth.  It's all a matter of how you look at it.  When you see things clearly, the truth reveals itself.  The truth will set you free.

To me, this song, which opens the album Heavier Things, is a fusion of aesthetics, an anthem for the recombination of styles that happens when people are optimistic about the potential of things changing, rather than retreating from uncertainty and entrenching themselves in what's familiar.  I LOVE this song, it's so blissful, and yet so groovy.  It makes you want to whistle, it makes you want to nod your head or dance.  It makes you want to smile. It's a happy reunion with a kindred spirit.  It's the sound of being able to see the good in people, the promise in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment