Sunday, January 4, 2015

A post just doesn't seem like a post if it doesn't have a song link.

The ubiquitousness of tangental music references in my life is weighing heavily on me right now because I just can't find a sense of peace with myself without having some music associated with this ramble.  That's a proof of a problem if ever I needed one.  How am I going to get over it?  I guess I am just going to have to figure out how to let go of the gimmick and speak my mind when I am inspired rather than invoking a prompt to justify some faux focus for my thoughts that will be mangled by being shoehorned into alignment with a song, or shoehorning a song to mean what my rambling requires. The stream of consciousness is forking and I am trying to reclaim my mind as a unique synthesis of influences that recognizes resemblances rather than adopting looks to portray my aspirations of actualization. If anything this will be a vocabulary workout the way Freestyling and writing BAD poetry was when I began my journey as a musician, and keeping a journal prepped me for editorializing in music journalism.  Anyway, one down...

No comments:

Post a Comment