Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Fix is in.

Working in my field, and in the hobbies I have, there is always a new device or application touted to solve a problem or add functionality to resolve a known issue.  These things are said to be "fixed" .  The sales pitches focus on how these fixes work "In Theory".  Implementation usually focuses on how long you are willing to wait "In Cue" for tech support because the fix broke something or revealed a flaw somewhere else.

In life there are two kind of fixes:

One that repairs what did not work
One that guaranties a particular result

I love this song, and I love that it invokes both fixes, as well as a desire to make the two one and the same.  Then I project my own observations about my, and other people's propensity for self-fulfilling prophecies and the potency of the lyric hits home even more.  And of course this song came out right at the end of the 10 Year's Prophecy and I saw it performed live with my partner in that ill-fated, elongated figure 8 waltz we called love, that had entered its final spiral down.

No comments:

Post a Comment