Thursday, January 9, 2014

BANG YOUR HEAD!!! - A series of shared videos from my youth.

  1.  I didn't know Soundgarden was "grunge" or "alternative", which was all about REM as far as I knew. For me SG bridged 80s metal to the 90s.

  2. Soundgarden - Rusty Cage: around that time theBox started promoting this one heavy. Their Close Encounter riff got me
  3. So yeah, I didn't buy any of those albums, but I turned up the TV when those videos came in in those Pre-Internet days.

  4. BODY COUNT on Arsenio Hall (early 90's) THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD ICE-T: Ice-T was the one who bridged the divide.
  5. Skid Row - Monkey Business : It was the late 80s, so along with a ton of Rap & Michael Jackson I dug this stuff.
  6. Megadeth - Sweating Bullets: This was a the most cutting age video I'd ever seen other than Peter Gabriel stuff.
  7. Suicidal Tendencies Send Me Your Money: This one was a trip, I didn't know what to call it back then.
  8. Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't Bring Me Down: The chorus had the closest thing to hardcore punk i'd heard then.
  9. Danzig - Dirty Black Summer: The hook is pretty much Born On The Bayou's changes & rhythm & he's Jim Morrison + Elvis
  10. Here come a few tweets of videos for music I first heard via The Video Jukebox in the late 80s-early 90s that changed my taste in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment