Friday, November 23, 2012

Frustrated...

To be honest, I only ever liked the bridge of this song, but I can appreciate it a lot more when I'm in the right mood.  It reminds me of Bon Jovi and Aerosmith but it's Soul Asylum I'm talking about.  The song is Misery, and what I'm about to say will make no sense if you don't listen to the song and read the lyrics, cause I'm not miserable, I'm just sick of myself.  It might be a lack of patience, simple exhaustion with the state of the world, my world. 

Regardless, I'm just underwhelmed by the things in my life that depend on other adults to come to fruition.  I got to the point where I just embraced my inner "No" and started withdrawing, textbook me, to the point where I just didn't have to be bothered with any of it.  The problem is, in getting wrapped up with others I lost touch with myself, and now that I've made time for myself, I realize that the things I used to enjoy because I had an audience, aren't enjoyable anymore.  They're just things to do. 

There is something to be said for the thrill of impressing and pleasing people with your efforts.  There's a humbling lesson that comes with the futility of being cut off from that audience and inundated with a surplus of time to yourself.  That's what it took to make me really like this song, I'd rather feel like I did back in 94-95' when I just didn't get it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment